Superior North Community Futures Development Corporation
Our mission: We actively support and stimulate economic growth and diversification by:
- creating and implementing strategies for community economic development and diversification
- assisting small business and community organizations by providing advisory services, technical support, loans, equity, and access to capital
- helping to sustain a viable regional employment base for present and future generations.
Superior North CFDC’s Membership
Members of Superior North CFDC are residents of the region. They bring a wealth of experience in different activity sectors.
Board of Directors
Superior North CFDC is led by a Board of Directors. The Directors are volunteers, members of our communities.
The following members form the Board :
- Chair: Louise Dupuis
- Vice Chair: Heidi Falzetta
- Secretary – Treasurer: James Robinson
- Director: Patricia Behun
- Director: Karen Robinson
- Director: Mona Dakin
- Director: Brad McMillan
Volunteers from our catchment area are members of the Investment Committee. This Committee studies the economic climate of the region, makes investment strategy recommendations pertinent to our mandate to the Board and assess loan applications.
This committee is also composed of volunteers. It studies regional and local economic development and recommends to the Board strategies which will assist Superior North CFDC to reach its goals.
Policies and Procedures
Superior North CFDC is accountable to our funding agency, FedNor, and to the communities we serve. You can locate some of our public policy and procedures on this page. If you have any questions or concerns about our policies, please contact the General Manager by email or by telephone at (807) 825-4505, extension 1.
There are 12 communities that we serve in our region:
Superior North CFDC partners with various organizations to promote business development across the region.
- Association des francophones du Nord-Ouest de l’Ontario (AFNOO)
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Contact North
- Lake Superior National Marine Conservation Area (LSNMCA)
- Marathon and District Chamber of Commerce
- Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development
- NEW – Northwest Employment Works
- Nishnawbe Aski Development Fund (NADF)
- North Superior Workforce Planning Board (NSWPB)
- Parks Canada
- Réseau du Nord
- Tourism Northern Ontario (TNO)
- YES Employment Services