Aguasabon Chamber of Commerce
Association des francophones du Nord-Ouest de l’Ontario (AFNOO)
- the enhancement and the promotion of Northwestern Ontario’s Francophone community in order to celebrate its richness and the added value it represents for our communities, the region, Ontarian society, and the country as a whole.
- To ensure the development and the prosperity of the Francophone community in Northwestern Ontario at the political, educational, economic, linguistic, social and cultural levels
Works to represent the Francophone community in Northwestern Ontario at political and community levels
Works to develop and to enhance the dynamism of the Francophone organizations and communities
A federation and accounts 26 member groups that work in different sectors including education, culture, early childhood, genealogy, women, literacy, health, entrepreneurs, seniors and youth.
Works closely with our political institutions, our community partners and entrepreneurs in order to maintain or improve French services in our region
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC
Canada’s business development bank and the only financial institution dedicated exclusively to entrepreneurs.
Their mission is to help create and develop strong Canadian businesses through financing, consulting services and securitization, with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Venture Capital
- Growth and Transition Capital
- High-impact firms
- Small business resources
- Loan partnering
- Francophone organization
- Referral Program
Five Core Services for Students, Faculty & Instructors, Colleges, Universities, Literacy and Basic Skills and Training Providers:
- Supporting 4 million Ontarians
- e-Channel Portal
- Student Information Hotline
Lake Superior National Marine Conservation Area (LSNMCA)
Marathon and District Chamber of Commerce
Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development
Responsible to the administration of laws relating to education and skills training
What we do
- develop policy directions for universities and colleges of applied arts and technology
- plan and administer policies related to basic and applied research in this sector
- authorize universities to grant degrees
- distribute provincial funds to colleges and universities
- provide financial assistance to postsecondary school students
- register private career colleges
As the operator of Employment Ontario, we:
- deliver employment and training services to people across the province
- develop policy directions for employment and training
- set standards for occupational training, particularly for trades under the Trades Qualification and Apprenticeship Act
- support apprenticeship, career and employment preparation and adult literacy and basic skills
- undertake labour market research and planning
Partnering with NEW, YES and Adult Learning Centres throughout the region to provide clients with as many options as possible to start, grow and expand their businesses.
Their training programs are those which our clients can access including wage subsidy and grants.
NEW – Northwest Employment Works
Employment Service Program
- Responds to the career and employment needs of individuals and the skilled labour needs or employers
- Assists individuals on the path to higher skill training and employment
- Available to underemployed workers, unemployed, students, apprentices, internationally trained individuals and newcomers as well as employers
3 key areas:
- Community Employment Resource Centre
- Job Search
- Job Matching, Placement and Incentives
A division of Confederation College
Based in Marathon
Satellite offices in Manitouwadge , Terrace Bay and Schreiber
Supply Superior North CFDC staff with office space in Marathon
Client assistance between organizations
Nishnawbe Aski Development Fund (NADF)
- Nishnawbe Aski Development Fund (NADF) is an Aboriginal Financial Institution (AFI) providing financing, business support, community planning, and economic development services to Aboriginal communities and businesses in Northern Ontario.
- Aboriginal Business Development Program
- Referrals to NADF for partnerships and grants
North Superior Workforce Planning Board (NSWPB)
- On behalf of the people of Canada, we protect and present nationally significant examples of Canada’s natural and cultural heritage and foster public understanding, appreciation and enjoyment in ways that ensure their ecological and commemorative integrity for present and future generations.
PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise is one of Canada’s most successful business support and networking organizations. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, they collaborate to empower women, strengthen small business and promote community economic development across the North of Ontario.
‘PARO‘ is Latin for “I Am Ready”
They want to help women create new opportunities for their communities and region. Every enterprise – be it for social outcomes and no matter how small – can have a positive impact.
Réseau du Nord
Creates links between organizations from all regions of Northern Ontario, such as: Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Sault-Ste-Marie and Thunder Bay, to put in place a system to facilitate the reception and integration of newcomers.
The northern network follows the objectives of the strategic plan developed by the Steering Committee:
- Increase the number of French-speaking immigrants as to increase the demographic weight of the francophone communities in a minority situation.
- Improve the capacity of French-speaking communities in a minority situation and strengthen welcoming and settlement structures for French-speaking newcomers.
- Ensure the economic integration of French-speaking immigrants within Canadian society and francophone communities in minority situations in particular.
- Ensure the social and cultural integration of French-speaking immigrants within Canadian society and francophone communities in minority situations.
- Foster regionalization of francophone immigration outside of Toronto, Montréal and Vancouver
Top of Lake Superior Chamber of Commerce
Tourism Northern Ontario (TNO)
YES Employment Services
Assists with the planning and coordination of employment success by providing:
- Resources and Information
- Job Search Assistance
- Job Matching and Placement Services
- Assistance with Job/Training Retention
Client assistance between organizations
Refer clients to Superior North CFDC
Located in Thunder Bay with a satellite office in Nipigon
NEWS & INFORMATIONMay 14, 2019
Pursuant to our Bylaws, please be advised that the 2019 Annual General Meeting will be held on: Wednesday June 5, 2019 at 5:00 pm 7 Mill Road, Terrace Bay ON This meeting is open to the public and everyone … Read More
January 8, 2019
Canada Summer Jobs Program Applications Now Open Canada Summer Jobs is an initiative of the Youth Employment Strategy, which is the Government of Canada’s commitment to help young people between the ages of 15 and 30, … Read More
December 19, 2018